Position: Senior Solicitor
Organisation: Women’s Legal Centre ACT
Location: Turner ACT
Closing Date: Applications accepted until position filled; please apply as soon as possible
How to apply: Applications should be sent to email@example.com and include:
- a current CV; and
- a maximum of one page ‘Expression of Interest’, outlining what you could bring and your approach to this role
Note: being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification under s34 of the Discrimination Act 1991 (ACT).
Contact Person : Claudia Maclean, 02 6257 4377, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Women's Legal Centre seeks a Senior Lawyer/Lawyer for its Mulleun Mura Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women’s Access to Justice (MMA2J) Program.
They are looking for someone with strong experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and communities. If you understand the value in addressing legal and justice issues within a cultural and community context and want to support the Centre and Aboriginal staff to build this capacity, they want to hear from you.
The MMA2J Senior Lawyer/Lawyer will:
- provide advice, assistance and representation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women on a range of matters, including care arrangements for children, care and protection matters, victims of crime and protection orders.
- collaborate with the A2J team to plan and manage the work of the Program, monitor progress, and manage reporting to funders and ensure the Program’s cultural obligations are prioritised and maintained.
- develop and deliver community legal education to community organisations and groups to build their capacity to identify and respond to legal issues.
- work with various stakeholders, including funders and evaluators, to deliver program objectives.
Applicants must be eligible for a restricted practising certificate in the Australian Capital Territory.